If you do not have a lot of money to clean your tile and grout at home you can easily do it yourself. Below is a easy way that will give you professional results.
First you will need to get a few tools from the garage or supply store. You will need a bucket or pump sprayer, grout brush and or deck brush and a wet n dry vac with a vac attachment. You will also need a good non toxic cleaning solution that will not leave a residue. We recommend a hydrogen peroxide general cleaner. If your floor is really dirty you may need to use a degreaser. You can find at your local janitorial supply store.
- Fill up your bucket or pump sprayer with water and your cleaning solution. More cleaning solution is not better. Follow the directions and mix at the correct dilution.
- Spray the floor or pour the cleaning solution from your bucket. Spread around and make sure to get all parts of floor wet.
- Give the cleaning solution some dwell time or let sit for a few minutes.
- Now you can take your deck brush and or your grout brush and start scrubbing your floor and grout. Take your time and be sure to scrub all parts of the floor and grout. Usually the deck brush is used on the tile and the grout brush is used on the grout lines. If you only have a deck brush, just make sure you scrub the grout lines good. Start on one side of the floor and do one grout line at a time. Its easier to do all in one direction.
- Make sure to keep the floor wet at all times. Do not let it dry. Do small areas at a time if you have to.
- Once the floor and grout lines are all scrubbed, you can start using the wet and dry vac.
- Take your time and vacuum the entire floor and remove all the cleaning solution.
- You can repeat this process again with just water to rinse the floor. If you did use a degreaser its always good to rinse a couple of times.
- Let the floor dry and you will see the results of your work. It may take a while for the grout lines to dry. They always look darker when wet.
This method can achieve professional results if you take your time.