Carpet cleaning is just like exercise!
If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it.
Here are four simple steps to keep your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum high traffic areas daily, and everywhere.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to re-soil quicker.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime. High traffic every 6 to 12 months.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats outside and in, taking your shoes off when you enter the house and changing your air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
When its time to schedule your carpet to be cleaned be sure to.
Ask Good Questions
There are a number of questions to ask when hiring a cleaning professional:
- “How long have you been in business?” The answer can speak volumes about a company’s reputation and experience. A quick Google search for customer reviews can also tell you a lot about the company.
- “Do you vacuum before deep cleaning the carpet?” The answer should be yes. Vacuuming before deep cleaning is critical and makes a difference in the end result.
- What type of carpet cleaning do you do? Steam cleaning, bonnet cleaning, truck mounted or portable, etc..
- “How is your pricing structured?” Pricing should be based on the area cleaned and or by the number of rooms.
- “How much will it cost?” When you’re on the phone, get an estimate that you’re comfortable with – before the cleaner comes to your house if you are not sure. By the sq ft estimate is how most estimate and may cost a bit more. By the area estimate is another way to estimate and may be better because an area is usually up to 250 sq ft. So you may get a better price. If not sure ask for a estimate both ways. Also, make sure everything is included in the estimate. Moving of furniture will be extra.
- Do you move the furniture or should I have it moved before you arrive? If you move the furniture, do you charge extra?
- Do you guarantee your work? If there is a problem will you come back to fix or solve the problem?
When They Arrive
Here are a few considerations for when the cleaners arrive.
- Be sure to point out any problem areas, spots or pet stains that need special attention.
- All major U.S. carpet manufacturers highly recommend the use of recommended and or non-toxic products in their residential warranties.
- Many warranties also require you to check with the carpet manufacturer before allowing additional treatments, such as re-applying stain treatments or anti-static treatments.
- Finally, wait for the carpet to dry completely before walking on it or moving the furniture back into the room. If you replace the furniture too quickly, rust or stains from paint or finishes could mar the carpet permanently.
- Always be sure to find out the dry times. Always plan to allow the carpet to dry for at least 5-8 hours, depending on environment it may take up to 24 hours to dry completely. Windows open and or fans on carpet if possible.
At Make Cleaning Easy we take pride in our work!
Family Owned And Operated Since 2006
Make Cleaning Easy wants to “Change the way you feel about cleaning.”
At Make Cleaning Easy our customers come first.
Our focus is offering an honest, hassle free, quality-cleaning experience.
We offer a variety of cleaning services both residential and commercial.
We also offer innovative cleaning products and non-toxic cleaning solutions.
We strive to do and be the best for all our customers!
If you live in Phoenix Arizona or surrounding areas call us today for a free quote and to schedule your carpet cleaning.